Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Life is good.

I had all sorts of things I wanted to blog about last week, but life was just too full for blogging.

The family took a train to a Wine Festival in a town not too far from where we live. 


There we ate, drank and the kids rode on carnival rides.


We then had family activities at the house, regular work schedule and kid activities all week.

I took my physical fitness test and completed 73 push-ups in two minutes, 80 sit-ups in two minutes and ran 2 miles in 15:03.  I was quite excited about that run time.

I received an award at work.


The husband left on a men's retreat and I had the kids to myself all weekend.  We cleaned the house, participated in a fun run, attended a birthday party, had a sleep over, and somehow made it to church on time.

Also, last week was an online sewing event called Kids Clothes Sewing Week Challenge that is hosted by a blogger named elsie marley.  She basically challenges people to sew an hour a day on kid's clothes and then share in her flickr group what they accomplished.  It is a fun way to challenge people and to get lots of good ideas.

for Abi
I have been busy sewing for weeks with PRP, so putting in an hour a day was business as usual.  But then life go busier, better, and just plain exhausting.  So on Tuesday I mainly just cleaned up the sewing room and planned the next set of clothing and I took Wednesday off from sewing. 


for Isa

for Isa

for Isa
But I did get some projects completed.  The jeans are from the robot outfit for Eli and the three shirts are Isabel's.

for Eli

After that full and exciting week, I just have to say that life is great

When I was in high school, I also went to community college part time and was considering not taking HS classes and simply go to college full time.  One well meaning adult advised me not to do so.  He said, "High school is some of the best years of your life.  You don't want to miss them."  Well, at the time I took his advice but also thought that it was just depressing. 
First, HS was not really that great.  Second, I knew I had a lot of years of living ahead of me and I did not want to believe that this is as good as it gets.  Well, that well meaning adult was WRONG.  Thank fully so.

These are the best years of my life, so far and I am excited to see what else life will bring.  I have certainly many challenges in my life but I have a wonderful husband, been entrusted with these neat people I call my kids, and work is incredibly fulfilling. 

I am glad that I am able to share many of these experiences with you through our blog but I am also glad that sometimes I am too busy and too tired to do so.  Because I am sometimes too busy just living.

I am telling you, the 30s are pretty amazing.


1 comment:

  1. They are pretty amazing! I love that your life is so full of blessings and family and friends and purpose.
    I think that God calls us to live to the most He created us to be and to not do so is wasting the blessings He has given. Well done sis.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips