Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fall Collection (for the big girl)

Well, my pictures are lousy, but I finished a pretty decent wardrobe for Abi's School clothes.

I tried to use three main colors so many of the pieces would be interchangeable.  As you can see, I used purple, pink, teal, and zebra as my focus colors/prints. 

I also tried to keep my designs very "playable".  I want my daughter to be able to run, jump, and play until her hearts content at school.

The collection
I want to highlight some of my favorites from the group.

I loved these jeans.  The name of the denim is rockstar blue and I think they are super cool.  You can't see them very well because they are so dark, but trust me, they are nice.  I machine embroidered little flames by the front pockets.


I think this shirt is lots of fun.  I made the hair and eye color of the girl match my daughters.  The texts says "Because I'm Awesome"

This is a Creating Kids Couture pattern and one of the few patterns I used that were not my own.  It is just too easy to pass up as it all is a bunch of rectangles.  How peace signs are still in style, I don't know, but Abi loves it.

Here is another favorite.  It is a silky dolmen shirt with a small placket at the neckline.  I made the placket off center for fun and Abi had the brilliant idea of bow buttons.  I think it makes the animal print very girl appropriate.

This is what she chose to wear for the first day of school.  It is the peacock shirt and a skirt made of pre-ruffled fabric in a zebra print.

I still have lots of fabric and ideas running around my head, but I need to do some sewing for the boy and that will come next.  I can always add to her wardrobe during the year.  That way she has fresh new pieces and I can keep up with any major growth spurts.

P.S.
For more pictures, check out my flickr page @  http://www.flickr.com/photos/major_moma/sets/72157630817316608/

2 comments:

  1. These are all really cute. Your daughter looks so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Karen. It can be challenging sewing for an 8 year old, but yes, I think we had success. (BTW, I love your blog.)

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips